Saturday, February 10, 2007

ASL vlog

JoeyBaerASL VLOG
I had no idea there was such a thing as VLOGs before this assignment. I am witnessing history in the making for the deaf community. This vlog site described a vlogging/blogging conference that occurred in washington, DC last weekend to discuss this new technology phenominon. Discussion focused around responsibility among the pioneers for setting standards for the deaf community while encouraging more women to vlog/blog without fear of what others might think. They even had their own Oscars: they voted for "best....". Joey Baer's vlog site won Best VLOG site and Best Political site.
Another blog/vlog site I like has is open to multiple bloggers/vloggers within the deaf community. DeafRead
I like the fact that they offer a bloggers tab and a vloggers tab. I can use this site with my deaf students who use ASL and my hard of hearing students who might prefer printed english. They need role models. Also there are vlogs to learn ASL.
Caryl Williams

No comments: