Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Animal Book Reports with a Twist!

I created a lesson plan to go along with my spring animal book reports. I like to have the students obtain information not only from books, but also Internet resources. Using a social tagging account through Del.icio.us, the research experience will be greatly enhanced. Further, it will save time for both the students and me. I like the idea that I do not have to find all the sites students may need; students and their families can assist in the research process and sharing.
By the way, my WikiTeach screen name is "readingkh".

I chose to edit a lesson plan entitled Charlie and Chocolate Factory: The Chocolate Room. The lesson focuses on one chapter from this famous book. I simply added the last four extension ideas. Like someone else mentioned, I am disappointed to learn that I could not edit a link to a lesson plan. Originally, I wanted to edit a lesson plan on the Frog and Toadbook by Arnold Lobel because the lesson had been written in 1999 and the web links were outdated. I found several up-to-date links and also suggested using a Del.icio.us account to store the new links. But alas, I could not make changes or suggestions.

1 comment:

Carmin said...

Latanya also wanted to edit a plan outside WikiTeach. She pasted the lesson plan from another website into WikiTeach and credited/ posted the link to the original lesson plan in the blog. That way I could compare her version in WikiTeach to the original.

I would also add a link in the top of the edited version to credit the original lesson plan within the edited one.