Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blog on Using Blogs in K-12 Classroom

Hello Everyone

This post is to satisfy step 5 from week #2's requirements. This link takes you to a link that discusses how to create a blog for K-12 classrooms and also gives example links that can be followed to see other blogs in existence. I followed one about a teacher who set up a blog about World History and posted Big Questions for each day and had his students create posts about the questions.

I'd also like to comment about someone from our class who several days ago suggested using a blog called TILT (Teachers Improving Learning with Technology This is an excellent blog and in fact I used the feature lesson plan with my class on Friday Feb. 16th entitled Creating a Timeline with Excel. It was a good break for the students to express their creativity using graphics, colors etc. while working with a program that up until now I've only had them use for calcualtions.

1 comment:

Karen Robinson said...

Hi Bruce,

This is great. I especially like the examples, and also the mouse rollovers on the sample screen.

Do you recall how you found this blog? I am surprised at the things that people have posted which I didn't come accross in my own searches. Obviously the thought processes are different. This is a great reinforcement for the benefits of social tagging!