Sunday, February 18, 2007

Scouting Locations for Film and Video

My lesson plan Scouting Locations for Film and Video uses Flickr for photo sharing. The project is intended for high school students or above, primarily because it requires that students travel to various places to take photographs. The general idea is to find suitable locations to be used in a feature length film shot entirely in New Hampshire. Students are given a list of nine descriptions and must find places to fit the need, and then take digital still photos of the sites. The students will work in groups of three, and will display their final photographs on Flickr, in a group designated for my class (to be established at a later time).

Karen

3 comments:

Tracy Cook said...

Karen,

What an impressive lesson plan. The students will be so excited to get involved and create this project. It is a great way to incorporate Flickr and a great way to introduce the students to a new technology. I teach a digital camera class to fellow teachers in my district. I plan to borrow and use your lesson plan with them if it is okay with you. They would really get excited about the class with this assignment!!

Tracy

Bruce Frey said...

Hi Karen

I agree with Tracy that this is a great lesson and one that the students will really like!

Karen Robinson said...

Thanks Tracy and Bruce - it's fine with me if you want to try this, however after Bruce's comment that Flickr has inappropriate photos, I am a bit hesitant to have students accessing the site for class. Since they are uploading their own work, rather than searching through the Flickr archives I think we'd be OK.

Karen