Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mary Tidrick - Wiki

A wiki site that I liked was called Pbwiki.com. It is advertises that it is as easy as making a peanut butter sandwich to make a wiki. Actually, it was pretty easy. However, I think some of the features are confusing. If you want more features, you can pay a monthly fee for different levels.
I made a wiki to use with my lesson plan " A Wiki Story". I plan to try it with my students. The wiki is called mrstwiki and below is the web address:

Mrs. T Wiki

The address for A Wiki Story is:

A Wiki Story


I also made a wiki with Wikispaces for my Study Group. I wanted to see which one I thought would be easier to use with students and adults. It was very easy to use also. It was a little hard to get the writing in the format I wanted. I am going to share this wiki with my Study Group and see if we can put information on it to share with our faculty. I did not have to come up with a log-on or password. It will be interesting to see if my follow teachers want to use it.

Study Group 2 Wiki

Study Group 2

After reading our assignments, I feel I have a much better understanding of a wiki. I had heard about them about 3 years ago at a technology conference. I was not sure I like the fact that everyone could edit the page. I feel more comfortable with that concept today. I think wiki have a lot to offer education in the future.
Wiki seem to be free at the moment. However, blogs began that way and now their is a monthly cost depending on what feature you want.

Mary

1 comment:

latanya said...

Mary,

How do you envision using your Writing Wiki with your Study Group?