Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Revised Senses Lesson

I edited a lesson for a Five Senses Introduction. It was a great lesson to start with, but I added an extension to broaden the age and use of the base lesson. The extension called for the teacher to allow students to use only one of their senses to determine what the object was. This could be hard with some objects, so specific objects may need to be used. In the end, students would see how hard it is for just one sense to do all of the work, or how important each and every one of our senses is.
I thought it was really neat how I could actually edit this lesson plan for all to see. This is my first experience with a Wiki and I was apprehensive at first. However, I now see how so much more information could be shared on a site like this. Collaboration is an important part of our society these days, and social computing is a great outlet for this to happen. In the social computing article, it mentioned that most of these tools are free. This should encourage schools to take advantage of the learning opportunities available because of the technology. There is no financial excuse here!

1 comment:

Langton04 said...

This would be a great lesson to teach in writing class too. I could modify this to teach students the importance of using the five senses in their writing. I would make it more for 8th grade as well.
Amy