Sunday, February 18, 2007

The OLPC Wiki

The "one laptop per child" inititive is one that seems very interesting. It is trying to get technology to the "developing" countries. The laptops themselves are around $100 and they are running a Linux operating system.

One Laptop Per Child Basic Information

This wiki is a great way to get the information on the project that you could assume is relatively reliable. I do know that the information is not right, just because everyone agrees about it, but you have to assume that the moderators will keep the infomation accurate.

I first saw this in the CES (consumer electronics show) this year and it interested me in its purpose. You can find a great deal of information on the site about the project and I think that the project has merit and I hope that it will work.

No comments: