Sunday, February 18, 2007

Prego Wiki

I have to admit that I am really struggling with this whole social computing thing. I am having a really hard time seeing its value in education and many of the articles I read support that feeling!

Anyway, I found this wiki that allows users to add of types of information from photos to blogs pertaining to pregnancy. Some of it seemed to be geared towards teens who were afraid they were pregnant, but as I looked deeper there was some useful information. I like the fact that there are many different types of information to choose from if you don't feel comfortable with just one, such as a blog.

Amy

1 comment:

Carmin said...

Please elaborate on "I am having a really hard time seeing its value in education and many of the articles I read support that feeling!"

Exactly which aspects of which articles "support that feeling"?

Also, specific examples of social computing used in an educational way were included in the reading assignments. How do the examples given in the assigned articles fail to demonstrate an educational value?