Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blog Search

I began my search on the Internet for the ultimate, most inspiring, and relevant, blog web site for this assignment. Being a "digital immigrant" first generation, I found myself aimlessly "surfing" the net. Most of the well designed sites required subscriptions, and free sites often proved to be unsubstantial. After many hours of searching, I finally came upon a site from a NECC 2004 Conference. It provided numerous examples of student blogging. I am a very visual learner, and this site enabled me to view a variety of various forms of blogging, done in the classroom. As a result, I gained more of an understanding regarding blogs. It also has another section, which is an initial tutorial for educators in beginning a weblog. The one disadvantage of this site was the 2004 publication date. However, this was an insight into the fact that the NECC was encouraging and promoting blogging three years ago for educators. However, in many instances, it is still an emerging technology in school systems.

Link: http://itc.blogs.com/necc2004/2004/09/elementary_stud.html

No comments: