Tuesday, September 25, 2007

smARThistoryGeneral Musings about using Technology to Teach with Images

This site was a great way to explore the possibilities of technologies place in art history classes. The authors seem to be very informed about various programs that can be use to make examining art interactive. For example, they reference a site called voice thread that allows you to make voice comments about a particular image. This would be a great way o have students examine a work of art at their leisure, then share their thoughts about it.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I went to the site, and I think that it is a great concept. I just wonder how the QuickTime Player could be made full screen size. Do you have to buy the upgrade to QuickTime? Are there more artists, especially artists that would appeal to elementary school children? I am an elementary art teacher, and I think that it has potential. I would certainly examine it very close before attempting to use it. I would also have to get permission from the internet security personnel, because most videos that are online are usually restricted to us.