Sunday, September 23, 2007

Educational Podcasts

Some of the podcasts I found sounded as if they would appropriate for my students who are juniors and seniors in high school and functioning about two standard deviations below 'average' (Moderately Intellectually Disabled~~MoID). The title for the podcast section was 'independent living' and is a topic that is very germane to my students and their families, as one of the goals for many of them is to indeed, live independently. However, upon closer inspection, these podcasts were not appropriate for my students, as they were quite a bit above their intellectual level.

Here is the link:
http://dafc1885.audioblog.com/rss/independent_living_podcasts.xml

It definitely appears that my area of interest is wide-open after perusing the Educational Podcast Network, as there were few podcasts that would be easy for me to work into my students' programs. I hope to continue to see if anyone else has begun development of a library of podcasts for students requiring continuing work on living, social and vocational skills or functional academics for MoID students.

John Newman

No comments: