Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bruce's podcast link

When doing the assigned reading I went to one of the links from the Horizon Report Podcasts of the Worldwhich gave an overview of how many podcasts exists in the different countries of the world. As you can imagine, the U.S. has the most and China has the least. While perusing the site I ran accross a podcast made about a mountain top state park located about 2 miles from my house! I couldn't believe how I could find such a local site on this world wide listing.

Anyway I plan to show this in my class as an example of a local podcast created to bring attention to a problem. The problem is that within a state park in Massachusetts there exists a road leading to the top of a mountain. The road was originally built in 1938 and is in deparate need to repair.

It may not be interesting to others, but since it's in my backyard I think my students will find it interesting.

Bruce Frey
Holyoke, MA

No comments: