Monday, February 12, 2007

Google for Educators

Being a technology teacher I see this as a great resource for those teachers who do not have the resources to purchase software or computers to allow their students to work collaboratively while online. I especially like the open-source documents and spreadsheet applications that allow students to access them from any platform. At my school we use Macs but most of the students use PCs at home. I also like the collaboration piece for when it comes time for group projects later this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was curious about the google docs and spreadsheet programs. They look very similar to word and excel in what they can do and they can work cross platform. I like that many users can edit the document at the same time and the changes can be tracked. Just another cool and useful program from Google.