Sunday, February 11, 2007

Holocaust Podcast

While researching podcasts, I managed to find one that I thought would work well in an integrated unit that I do with social studies and language arts teachers. Eighth grade students study the Holocaust and read The Diary of Anne Frank as one of their required readings. The podcast I found was of a Holocaust survivor who spoke to a group of fifth graders and told of her experience in the concentration camp and of her relationship with Anne Frank and her father. I liked it because I felt it was a great way to either kick off or extend the unit. There was one section in the podcast that seemed a bit unclear. The speaker's voice did not seem loud enough, but it quickly improved and was great information.

Tracy Cook

2 comments:

latanya said...

Tracy,

Another book that comes to mind is Number the Stars by Lois Lowry, which is appropriate for elementary students. What is the link? I would like to check it out.

Thanks,

Latanya

Carmin said...

The link is in the title of the post. Just click the title of Tracy's post, "Holocaust Podcast".