Sunday, February 11, 2007

Podcasting

In searching for a podcast to add to our files, I came across a podcast by the Generations Podcast Series. The specific podcast I thought was very interesting was how Executive producer, Lee Mendelson came up with the concept for the Charlie Brown Christmas Special and also chose Vince Genualdi to compose the music. He related his story to a recent interview (from the late 1950’s early 1960’s) with Jackie Robinson. Mendelson spoke about talking to the best baseball player ever and then interviewing the worst (Charlie Brown) in the form of Charles Schulz. This was educational and is something I can share with my choirs.

1 comment:

Karen Robinson said...

This is an awesome podcast! I love Vince Guaraldi's music and it was great to hear this story. Thanks.

KR