Saturday, February 17, 2007

Peanut Butter Wiki

While checking out my Google hits for "wiki" I kept coming back to one labelled pbwiki which allows anyone to create a free wiki, easily. There is a link for educators which offers safeguards that are important for any classroom-based wiki, such as the option to make the site public or private, to lock pages and to control the access to pages. The design and layout are clean and easy to read. The examples on the education home page include an elementary classroom, and a freshman english course at Penn State. This eliminated much of the intimidation I've felt when thinking about creating a wiki.

Karen

2 comments:

Tracy Cook said...

While touring pbwiki, I found that it helped me get a better understanding of social tagging. I would be willing to create my own wiki using this site. I think it is a great way to get students involved and communicating intellectually with others. This site does make it sound easy and user friendly. My students would not be intimidated by this site.

Karen Robinson said...

That's how I felt too Tracy - I liked the simplicity of the site, and it sure does look easy to use.

Karen