Sunday, September 30, 2007

topic3 Wiki Group

I believe that the first step in finding a wiki is to assess your purpose. We don’t randomly dial a number and talk to whomever is on the other phone line. The same holds true for finding a valid, resourceful group of individuals in which useful dialogue can occur. I wanted an ICT group with roots in the Ontario educational system. Not an easy feat when ICT isn’t even mentioned in any of curriculum documents.

WELL WHAT A WIKI….

I found a group of ICT staff in central and northern Ontario who has an amazing wiki and just what I was looking for…Only one problem- it’s now hard to get away from the site. I want to read everything they have to say! I think it’s important that time is taken to review the philosophy and discussions, articles etc. before joining a wiki. To me it’s like joining a sports team; you have to make the commitment. I know that this is a good one for my professional growth….

http://www.commun-it.org/

NOTE- It you select WIKI from the right hand menu bar you will need to scroll down to fine the topics on the wiki page.

Take a look at this link on Web2.0 from an educational perspective… Tim did an amazing job that will provide us strength to challenge the “I can’t do mentality” or the “flilter, block” approach to internet safety in our schools.

http://www.commun-it.org/community/leadandlearn/files/31/113/socialnetworking.ppt#256,1,Social

Networking isn’t just for kids!

I’m so glad I took the time to investigate this resource. Feedback welcomed.

No comments: