Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wiki Site

I am not overly excited about the wikis that I found either. Like some of the other students have stated, several of the sites are hard to navigate through and require crazy passwords. I am also not very thrilled about students or even adults reading information that "anyone" can add and because it is stated on a well advertised site the students and/or adults truly believe it. The wiki site that I found most useful is:
http://teacherlibrarianwiki.pbwiki.com/ I thought it was a useful tool for not just librarians but any teacher. I also liked the fact that before you can add any information you have to email the webmaster and present what you are adding. There are also many helpful tools within this wiki like a syllabus creator and links to "how to blog". This could be very helpful to someone just learning about social computing.

No comments: