Monday, October 1, 2007

Wiki-Teacher

I had never explored wikis before this assignment. I found several pages that were great, but I fell in love with Wiki-Teacher. This site has so many resources that any teacher should be able to use. I can't wait to share this site with my teachers. I also like the fact that you are able to search for standards lessons as well as a search by topic. After researching and using this site, one can't help but want to share the resources you have for the standards and topics already provided to be a part of this great teacher database.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Karen,
I'm always looking for sources to pull information in into my art curriculum that would "tie" it all together for the kids. One of our art standards in South Carolina is "making connections between visual arts and other disciplines."

There seems like hundreds of links here to lesson plans, units, resources. The added bonus is that you can search by standard, that way you don't have to worry about what you're covering, you can just check off the standards as you teach these lessons.