Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Link to Social Tagging Lesson Plan at WikiTeach

This is the link to my social tagging lesson plan that has been submitted to WikiTeach. It can be integrated with Flickr. I made an account at Flickr and posted a few examples from the project submitted, "Artist-in-a-Bag" lesson plan. As a part of integration, a teacher could use a digital camera and upload the students art to Flickr and share ideas with other kids.

http://www.wikiteach.org/index.php/wikiteach/action/lessonplan/iVar/270

2 comments:

Angela Wilson said...

Sheila, I thoroughly enjoyed your "Artist Bag" lesson plan. It was very well written and gave a very detailed explanation of the activity. I can see where this activity could be used in other areas as well. I think students could also create "math bags" in which they would take a concept such as graphing and make a bag that included explanations of vocabulary terms and specific examples of graphs. There are many areas in which this activity could be used. Thanks for the idea. I am going to use it with literature as well and view your flickr photos.

Sheila said...

Thanks! I am sure your math bags will be successful. It's such a good concept...the bags. They are multi-purposeful with subject matter use and variety. It is also such a common material that students will even more readily identify with it.