Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WikiTeach 2 parts

I really wanted to do a lesson with Flikr, but I couldn't decide exactly what to do. Possibly I will use it with students to share images they collect during our upcoming Tunisian Studies trip (example), but I don't know what they would search for. I also thought about a digital microscope fingerprint activity where they capture their fingerprint with the digi scope, upload to flickr and then... I want to use the social networking tagging aspect of the site, but I just haven't grokked exactly how.

So my lesson as it is:
Using a Digital Microscope

Also, I love the song "The Erie Canal" and saw that one of the tags was for "Erie Canal" I thought, cool let's check it out. Unfortunately the link was not correct. I've added a new, hopefully usable link.

Enjoy

James Shin-Gay

1 comment:

Carmin said...

Consider how Kathy has her students tag their social bookmarks in her lesson plan. Can you see a way to have your students think about flickr tagging in a way that is similar to
her use of tags?