Monday, October 1, 2007

Social Tagging Lesson as Support for a Research Paper

Using del.icio.us for Social Bookmarking and Tagging as Support in a Research Paper
http://www.wikiteach.org/index.php/wikiteach/action/lessonplan/iVar/269

This lesson is just one part of an overall unit on writing a research paper. Students will learn to use del.icio.us for the bookmarks of their Internet resources. They will write descriptions that identify a unique quality of each site being bookmarked to help them keep track of which link is which. The tagging choices will help them categorize what part of the paper each site supports. A code tag in each bookmark will help the teacher easily locate the students' bookmarks for review.

I am looking forward to using this lesson with all of my classes.

1 comment:

Angela Wilson said...

Kathy, I was laughing when I read your lesson plan because mine is very similar except in the area of science. I think the del.icio.us type websites have opened up a lot of doors in the areas of research and using this for whole class activities. Your lesson plan was very detailed and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the additional ideas.