Monday, October 1, 2007

Wiki that I found Wikispace

I saw that there were a ton of Wiki's! I did however find one that I liked, and would really like to explore further once the class is over. With teaching and taking two classes at Lesley, I haven't had the time to "play" with some of these great sites that I've come across.
I did like that Wikispace had an audio podcast format to show you how to set up for your account. At Wikispace, you can make a website where you can create webpages and edit them using their visual editor. Another good thing is that you don't need any technical "know-how" to operate the site.
From what I have read so far about Wikispace, it's like a blog, website and online community rolled into one. There are menus for help, community, about Wikispace. I've mentioned before that I like Wikipedia, but I never even imagined the company was so expansive. I was impressed by all of the "wiki's."
http://www.wikispaces.com/site/tour#introduction

1 comment:

Carmin said...

"but I never even imagined the company was so expansive."

Wikipedia is not an expansive company. It is an online encyclopedia. Wikipedia is not at all responsible for all the other wikis out there. The other wikis are created individually. These Web 2.0 items share the fact that they are all examples of wikis. Just like Wikispaces. It too is a wiki.

"At Wikispace, you can make a website where you can create webpages and edit them using their visual editor." At Wikispaces you are using a tool to create a wiki.